Dolphins guard Richie Incognito was adamant on Twitter this weekend that he was a victim of false speculation that he bullied Jonathan Martin, and wanted his name cleared. The Miami Dolphins are going to wait to see what the NFL says about Incognito's innocence. The Dolphins have suspended Incognito while the NFL investigates the situation, NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reported after speaking to Incognito. The team announced the suspension shortly after that.

The story has continued to escalate since it was reported that Martin went AWOL from the team this week after becoming upset over an incident in which some teammates moved when he tried to sit with them at lunch. Martin, a starting tackle for the Dolphins, didn't play on Thursday. There have been conflicting reports since then. Fox Sports said that Martin left the team after a pattern of bullying against him. The Sun-Sentinel said Martin left because of emotional issues, not bullying. But ESPN had a detailed report that Incognito had intimidated Martin. ESPN said, among other things, Incognito pressured Martin into contributing $15,000 toward a trip by the linemen to Las Vegas, a trip Martin didn't go on.

The report said Martin feared retribution from Incognito and that's why he didn't immediately file a formal complaint. Mike Garafolo reported for Fox Sports that Incognito left messages for Martin that were "threatening and racially charged."

Read it at Yahoo.