When it comes to lunch or dinner, "quick and easy" is often the name of the game for many of us. As I aim to cut refined sugars out of my diet (read: say goodbye to my beloved breads), finding ways to substitute carbohydrates with healthier options has become priority. These mango pineapple chicken wraps are a tropical twist on a modern staple and are simple enough for even the busiest of us to prepare.
- 1 Head of Romaine lettuce, washed with leaves separated
- 2-3 Chicken breasts
- Cumin, salt, pepper and garlic, to taste
- 1 cup of mango, diced
- 1 cup of pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup of red onion, diced
- 1 lime
- Optional: Pepper jack cheese, shredded
1. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic and cumin. Grill over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center
2. Let chicken cool, then cut into cubes
3. Spoon chicken, mango, pineapples and red onion in each lettuce leaf. Drizzle with lime juice and top with pepper jack cheese.