Banana pudding is a classic treat that sorely needed a milkshake remix. Instead of just making this milkshake the traditional way with ice cream and milk, I decided to make it healthy!! A few months ago I started introducing healthier treats, and this one will definitely become a favorite.
This shake was inspired by the trendy one-ingredient banana ice cream. It is made with frozen banana slices, whipped topping and milk! And it tastes just like the real thing. You won't miss the calories, and it feels just as indulgent!
The only problem you may end up having is an overdose of potassium from having these milkshakes several times a week!
Skinny BabyCake Banana Pudding Milkshakes
- 2 ripe frozen bananas, cut in slices
- 1/2 cup cold low-fat whipped topping
- 3/4 - 1 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
- 4 teaspoons powdered vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Vanilla wafers for garnish
1. Add frozen banana slices, whipped topping, instant pudding and vanilla extra to blender and blend until smooth milkshake consistency.
2. Pour milkshakes into glasses.
3. Top with whipped cream and vanilla wafers and enjoy.
Makes 2 milkshakes
Jocelyn Delk Adams is the founder of Grandbaby Cakes, a food blog inspired by her grandmother that is devoted to classic desserts, modern trends and showcasing the pastry and sweets field in an accessible way. She hopes to inspire a new generation of bakers and dessert enthusiasts to learn to bake and not feel guilty about enjoying dessert. Visit her at www.grandbaby-cakes.com.