Beautiful strawberries are finally in season, and this strawberry ice cream float is one of the best and easiest ways to use them. This is my favorite Spring and Summer drink because it is simple to make and bursts with fresh fruit flavor.
First, it has mascerated strawberries in it which is incredible in and of itself. I also used quality vanilla ice cream and strawberry soda to top it off with. So simple yet so delicious and perfect for you to enjoy during the warm season.
Strawberry Ice Cream Float
- Your favorite vanilla ice cream (If you have time, make it!)
- Chilled strawberry soda
- 1 pound of fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
1. Make a fresh strawberry sauce by tossing the strawberries with sugar in a bowl. Let sit for at least 30 minutes at room temperature as the juices release from the strawberries.
2. To make float, alternate by adding a scoop of ice cream then fresh strawberry sauce to your glass. Pour in the strawberry soda.
3. Garnish with whipped cream if you like.
Jocelyn Delk Adams is the founder of Grandbaby Cakes, a food blog inspired by her grandmother devoted to classic desserts, modern trends and showcasing the pastry field in an accessible way. Jocelyn has been featured by The New York Times Online, Ebony Magazine, Pillsbury.com, Refinery 29, Better Homes and Gardens, Cupcakes and Cashmere, Fox News, the Chicago Sun-Times and Splash Magazine, among others. Jocelyn hopes Grandbaby Cakes inspires a new generation of dessert enthusiasts to learn to bake and not feel guilty about enjoying dessert.