Another look at the political week that was...
● Vice President Joe Biden’s gun task force met this week with gun violence prevention groups and the NRA, to discuss a path forward for possible legislation. Biden even hinted at the Obama administration’s willingness to go forward without Congress and issue an executive order to get something done on guns.
● The fight to get gun legislation passed will be fierce. NRA board member and musician Ted Nugent says that gun owners will be the next Rosa Parks. Seriously.
● What the heck is all this talk about a trillion dollar coin to solve to debt limit crisis about?
● Anti-gay preacher tapped to do benediction at President Obama’s second inauguration has been removed from the program.
● The nation’s first Latina Labor Secretary, Hilda Solis is leaving her post.
● Is the Virginia Klu Klux Klan using President Obama as a recruiting tool?
● The War on Women continues as Oklahoma is forced to shut down an abortion clinic after the state strips funding for Planned Parenthood.