Another look at the political week that was...
● Republican Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) accidently expresses support for Roe v. Wade.
● Former First Lady Laura Bush starred alongside Dick Cheney in a pro-gay marriage ad but after pushback from the right she’s asking the ads creators to take her out of the ad.
● Republican Congressman Joe Heck (R-NV) thinks former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is being used as a “prop” in the debate over gun violence prevention.
● Next, Friday March 1st is the deadline for sequestration cuts.
● These severe cuts would be very harmful for the country and would cut back on many of the programs that benefit the poor.
● Florida Governor Rick Scott is the 7th Republican to reluctantly accept Obamacare’s medicaid expansion.
● Republicans filibustered President Obama’s nominee to be Secretary of Defense, Chuck Hagel, and now want the president to pick someone else.
● The Supreme Court is considering gay marriage this term and opponents of California’s Proposition 8 argue it’s unconstitutional to deny gay couples the same right to marry as straight couples.
● Former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. plead guilty to misusing campaign funds.