Another look at the political week that was…
● The nominee for Attorney General in Virginia supported women being jailed for failing to report miscarriages to the police.
● E.W. Jackson the nominee for Lieutenant Governor in Virginia says the 3/5th compromise is really an “anti-slavery amendment” which is just plain wrong.
● Another week, another military official is arrested on sexual assault charges, as the military continues to fail miserably in their attempts to combat the epidemic of sexual assault.
● Even some outlets conservative media are telling House Republicans to pump their brakes will all this impeachment talk. The IRS scandal is not at this moment a “scandal.”
● The IRS controversy is continuing to look like low level staffers breaking the rules.
● Attorney General Eric Holder finally admits that 4 Americans have been killed by drone strikes since 2009.
● The President gave his first big counter-terrorism remarks Thursday, finally giving Americans more information about the classified drone program and promising future limits on the program.
● Disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner announces he’s running for Mayor of New York City.
● Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is still threatening to use the so-called “nuclear option” to get filibuster reform passed. Fingers crossed!
● Time Magazine unearthed pictures of President Obama at his prom.