A look at the political week that was…67 Days until Election Day!
- The Republican National Convention met all week in Tampa, Florida to engage die hard supporters and delegates as we head into the final phase of the campaign. Unfortunately, for Mitt Romney the focus was all on the speakers individual accomplishments and not so much on what a great president they think Mitt Romney will be.
- Rep. Paul Ryan gave his most high profile speech yet. Too bad it was possibly the most dishonest and intentionally misleading campaign speech of all time.
- Lying and false claims aren’t an issue for the Romney campaign who has explicitly said, “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact checkers.”
- By all accounts, Condoleezza Rice gave a passionate speech to the Republican convention. What was missing? Any references to the Iraq War.
- Ann Romney tells Hispanic voters to “get past their biases.”
- Big news out of Texas: a federal court has rejected the state's controversial voter ID law.
- If you missed MSNBC’s Chris Matthews taking the RNC Chairman Reince Priebus to task for Republican race-baiting it’s worth checking out.
- President Obama won the internet this week.