Another look at the political week that was…
● Is Torrington, Connecticut the next Steubenville? Two football players allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl, who is now receiving threats for reporting the rape.
● House Republicans passed the “new” Ryan budget which drastically cuts the social safety net and assumes the repeal of Obamacare.
● Is Speaker John Boehner preparing to take the debt ceiling hostage again? Looks that way.
● At least House Republicans passed a continuing resolution to avert a government shutdown.
● As the Supreme Court decides the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi says the law is unconstitutional.
● Hillary Clinton released a video in support of marriage equality.
● It looks like the assault weapons ban will be excluded from the Senate gun violence prevention bill.