Another look at the political week that was...
● One of the best moments of inauguration weekend was First Lady Michelle Obama throwing epic shade at Speaker John Boehner (R-OH).
● The Senate reached a mediocre deal to reform the filibuster, which actually just results in the filibuster not being reformed at all.
● Her replacement at the State Department, Senator John Kerry was no shrinking violet either, in his confirmation hearings before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
● The Department of Defense has lifted the ban on women in combat.
● The war on women continues in earnest, with a new GOP bill in New Mexico would outlaw abortions for rape victims because it “tampers with the evidence.”
● President Obama will try again to get Richard Corday confirmed to head up the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
● Don’t look now, but Republicans are already planning on stealing the next election.