Another look at the political week that was…
● Three women, including Amanda Berry, were rescued from captivity in Cleveland this week after disappearing nearly a decade ago. Charles Ramsey is a hero and an internet sensation despite his rocky history and colorful personality.
● Mark Sanford won a special election for a congressional seat in South Carolina’s 1st district after the scandal during his tenure as governor where he disappeared only to turn up in Argentina with his mistress.
● Looks like there might be another vote on universal background checks for gun purchases.
● North Carolina is attempting to force teens to get notarized permission from parents before testing for sexually transmitted diseases.
● House Republicans are still beating the Benghazi as Watergate drum with hearings on the hill this week.
● Delaware became the 11th state to legalize gay marriage.
● The United States will send $100 million in humanitarian aid to Syria.
● The Obama administration has finally begun implementing key provisions of Obamacare so Americans can begin signing up on October 1, 2013.