A look at the political week that was...
- Mitt Romney’s national press secretary Andrea Saul makes huge gaffe by touting Romneycare (Romney’s health care plan in Massachusetts that mirrors Obamacare) in interview with Fox News and now conservatives want her to be fired. Interesting how it’s seen as a gaffe for the Romney camp to even mention his universal health care plan!
- Romney rolled out a new ad this week attacking President Obama on welfare. The ad that is so misleading that it has been called “blatantly false” by several media outlets.
- A second new Romney ad makes the ridiculous claim that President Obama has declared a “war on religion.”
- Another week, another article wondering if Mitt Romney avoided paying taxes and since he still won’t release his tax returns, all we can do is speculate.
- President Obama tells Black Enterprise, “I’m not the president of Black America.”
- Birther Jerome Corsi claims President Obama is gay and was previously married to a man. These birthers just won’t give up on the ridiculous conspiracy theories.
- Texas executed a mentally disabled man, Marvin Wilson, this week even though it’s supposed to be unconstitutional to do so.
Zerlina Maxwell is a democratic strategist and soon-to-be attorney. You can follow her on Twitter: @ZerlinaMaxwell