A look at the political week there was…
● After another week of failed negotiations, complete with a bogus offer by House Republicans called “Plan B” it looks more and more like we’re going over the “fiscal cliff.”
● Progressives are pushing back against the White House for putting social security cuts on the table in the form of “chained CPI.” So what the heck is chained CPI anyway?
● Conservative judge Robert Bork died this week at the age of 85. His failed nomination for the Supreme Court lead to the nomination of Justice Anthony Kennedy.
● In the wake of the shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, President Obama has created a gun task force headed up by Vice President Joe Biden.
● House Republicans are still blocking the re-authorization of the Violence Against Women Act.
● Conservative says the Newtown massacre happened because women ran the school. Seriously.
● And another conservative says we should train children to “bum rush” armed gunmen in order to prevent mass shootings.
● South Carolina Republican Tim Scott is going to be appointed to replace Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC). He’s the first black Republican Senator since 1979.
● Maybe legislators should read anti-abortion bills before passing them?
● Newark Mayor Cory Booker officially announced his plans to explore a run for the U.S. Senate.