Part 4

Kendrick Johnson

Sheriff Chris Prine of the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) have claimed that Kendrick Johnson died accidentally.  Now, there's independent medical testimony that they are either severely mistaken or lying.

Hired by the Johnson family, Dr. William R. Anderson conducted the second autopsy of Kendrick Johnson on June 15, 2013 in Heathrow Florida. In his just released results, Dr. Anderson says there is blunt force trauma to the right neck and soft tissues, "consistent with inflicted injury." 


That matches up with what the first paramedic on the scene wrote in his report "Bruising noted to the right side jaw."

The independent autopsy report has been sent to the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office, Georgia Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division and the U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Georgia.  U.S. Attorney Michael Moore had already been reviewing the case but has not yet launched a formal investigation.   

If the state doesn't move forward, then there will probably be investigation and prosecution at the Federal level.  When that ramps up, they're going to be looking at suspects. 

As I have been. For months.

"When you start messing, the goons bodies start showing up."

It had been mere hours after Kendrick "KJ" Johnson's body had been discovered on January 11, 2013 in the old gym at Lowndes County High School, when classmate Lana Langtry* saw the Facebook post from Frank Kramer, another student from the school.  Shortly after the post, Kramer inexplicably deactivated his account, so the post was no longer visible.  

Langtry was concerned, so she went to the Sheriff's Office.

"He [Kramer] made [other] posts on Facebook that he was going to start killing them off one by one," she told the detective who took her written statement.  

Langtry claimed that KJ and several of his friends were part of a group who called themselves "CVC," which stands for the "Clyattville Click."  Kramer had been feuding with people from the CVC.  It seemed like a CVC member, Tony Thompkins, was making overtures to Kramer's girlfriend Elizabeth.  Kramer was jealous. 

Police wondered: could Kramer have acted on that jealousy?  Langtry didn't know.   

Meanwhile, back at the old gym, Sgt. Jack D. Winningham arrived at the crime scene. Winningham met with Sgt. Bryce Whitener and Lt. Stryde Jones.  All three worked for Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine.  

Jones told Winningham that Kendrick Johnson, who had been reported missing by his mother the previous day, was probably the person who had just turned up dead.  Shortly after speaking with Jones, and before he left the high school, Winningham was informed that the Lowndes County Crime Scene and Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) Crime Scene units were on their way to process the gym.  

Later that same day, Winningham and Jones met with what Winningham later told his superiors was Kendrick Johnson's, "...immediate family excluding the father of Kendrick," at the Lowndes County Board of Education office.

Jones briefed the family on the investigation that was then occurring.  He told them that there were no signs of trauma to Kendrick's body.

No signs of trauma? This directly contradicts Sgt. Michael Adams, the first officer on the scene, who directly observed Kendrick's body and told his superiors, "The facial area was severely disfigured and swollen."  And now, it contradicts the independent autopsy results.

What happened between the time of the discovery of Kendrick's body in the morning and this conversation, later that day, to produce such a discrepancy?  

After this conversation with the family, Eddie Tooley, Kendrick's grandfather, was shown a photograph of Kendrick's battered face.  Despite this, he was still able to identify his grandson.

Two days later, Winningham, Jones and crime scene technician James Thornton met with Kenneth Johnson at the Lowndes County Crime Lab.  As coroner W.M. "Bill" Watson noted in his report, it was there that, "The integrity of the evidence bag was comprimised [sic] on January 13, 2013 by opening the sealed bag and exhibiting the dead body to his father."

Even as Sheriff Prine continued to claim the death was an accident, some of his own investigators treated it as a homicide, launching a months-long investigation to get to the bottom of it.  These diligent detectives went about their job the old fashioned way, questioning every student who had ever known Kendrick.

Looking for some lead, something that would point them in the right direction to explain why he had turned up dead in such a strange way, they discovered was that on the night of January 10, 2013, the Lowndes High School Color Guard was practicing in the old gym.  Practice went from 6:45 PM