Mathew Knowles

Mathew Knowles’ $100 Million Claim Against Former Lawyers Can Go to Trial, Says Judge

"I refuse to allow these lawyers, media or anyone else, to lie about me without consequence"

by Teddy Grant, March 21, 2018

Comments
Mathew Knowles

Mathew Knowles

Getty

Mathew Knowles’ lawsuit against his former lawyers, who claimed that he was auctioning off Beyoncé and Destiny’s Child memorabilia to cheat creditors, will move forward, according to a press release sent to EBONY.

His former lawyers had tried to get the $100 million claim against them dismissed but got shut down by a judge.



On March 9, Texas State District Judge Randy Wilson declared that Knowles’ suit against the law firm, Lang Ferrer, can proceed to trial.

“I refuse to allow these lawyers, media or anyone else, to lie about me without consequence,” Knowles said in a statement. “I never conducted any auction as falsely claimed by these lawyers and will not be pressured into paying their excessive legal invoices by their spreading this lie. I look forward to having a jury hear the evidence in this case and hold these lawyers accountable for their shameful conduct.”

The firm has sued Knowles in March 2017 claiming that he racked up a $50,000 legal bill and refused to pay, according to a report by The Daily Mail.

The firm accused Knowles of running a secret auction during last year’s Super Bowl weekend where he sold items during his time as Beyoncé’s manager.

Lawyers for Lang Ferrer could not provide comment on the suit at this time.





Comments
 
Stay in the Know
Sign up for the Ebony Newsletter