1. Halle Berry. She had a Steven Spielberg-produced TV series (Extant) and babydaddy drama with Gabriel Aubry this year. But regardless of specifics, the 48-year-old beauty is always on the public radar.
2. Paula Patton. She dropped About Last Night back in February, but the buzz about this actress was all about her split with hubby Robin Thicke (and his resulting nosedive of an album, Paula).
3. Gabrielle Union. BET’s Being Mary Jane, her August marriage to basketballer Dwyane Wade, and her nude photo hack kept Union extremely searchable in 2014.
4. Kerry Washington. Scandal, Scandal, Scandal. Plus, Washington gave birth in May to her first child, baby Isabelle Amarachi Asomugha.
5. Zoe Saldana. Marvel’s left-field superhero flick Guardians of the Galaxy was the highest grossing film in the U.S. all year, making its sexy female foil highly sought after on the interwebs.
6. Meagan Good. Who could get ever enough Meagan? Her trending could be due to all those drop-dead gorgeous dresses though.
7. Jennifer Hudson. June’s Lullaby drama didn’t set box office on fire; September’s JHUD album didn’t blow folks away either. But Hudson still nabbed a Grammy nomination for the R. Kelly collab, “It’s Your World.”
8. Keke Palmer. With her role as Broadway’s first Black Cinderella and her continuing BET talk show Just Keke, the world got to know Palmer in brand-new ways this year.
9. Stacey Dash. Her conservative, clueless political slant sparked controversy time after time this year, making Dash notoriously trendy for all the wrong reasons.
10. Rosario Dawson. In October, Netflix announced Dawson’s role as Night Nurse on their upcoming Marvel superhero series Daredevil, but her turn as a reporter in Chris Rock’s Top Five was one for the ages.