prince purple rain

It was recently determined that the death of music icon Prince was due to the “Purple Rain” singer unknowingly taking bogus medication laced with large amounts of fentanyl, passing from an accidental overdose in 2016. Carver County Attorney Mark Metz spoke on the matter, saying, “Prince had no idea he was taking a counterfeit pill that could kill him.” He also confirmed that since there was no evidence showing how the musician got the pills, wrongful death charges wouldn’t be filed against anyone.

The Rodgers family, however, isn’t taking “no” for an answer, recently filing a lawsuit against the Illinois hospital that treated the singer for an opioid overdose the week before his passing, according to NBC.

Prince’s family, under the name of a trustee, Michael A. Zimmer, argue that the songwriter received improper medical care on April 15, 2016, after his plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Ill. The suit claims his death was a “direct and proximate cause” of the facility misdiagnosing and mistreating the star. It also accuses Walgreens Co. and pharmacists at two of its Minnesota stores of “dispensing prescription medications not valid for a legitimate medical purpose.”



Police say the prolific artist likely thought he was taking a generic form of Vicodin.



You may also like

Comments