Reach Media Inc.’s nationally syndicated Rickey Smiley Morning Show debuted today, Jan. 6, 2020, as an Urban AC morning show airing weekdays from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. ET. The show is quick-paced and anchored by one of the nation’s most popular comedians. Easily entertaining a wide variety of listeners, the “can’t miss a minute” morning show perfectly blends music, exclusive comedy and spiritual entertainment with today’s hottest topics in news, entertainment and sports. Smiley was recognized by the National Association of Broadcasters in 2017 as recipient of the Marconi Radio Award for Top National/Syndicated Talent.
Smiley uses personality, humor, conviction and relevant information to deliver a high-energy morning show engaging his listening community in unexpected ways. His show has distinguished itself with its innovative mix of entertainment and an unfiltered view on contemporary black life and parenthood, focusing on family, community and mentorship.
Here is the cast of of personalities, known to spark engagement and laughs, who round out the show:
- Eva Marcille–Mom, model and entrepreneur who contributes a relatable woman’s point of view with a sharp wit and sometimes challenging position.
- Gary Wit Da Tea–Listeners count on Gary for the hottest entertainment gossip and a colorful opinion on just about everything.
- Da Brat–The same in-your-face candor that made her a hip hop star makes her a listener favorite, bringing wit, humor and a fresh outlook every morning.
- Rock T–The sports analyst with a hip-hop flair not only reports the sports news, he predicts it as well!
- Special K–A master at finding the funny in the headlines, Special K takes the role of news correspondent to hilarious new levels.
The show will be enhanced with fresh and energetic soundtracks of R&B hits that adults want to hear, expanded social and digital opportunities to grow tune-in and extend audience engagement beyond the airwaves, as well as a connection and commitment to community–on and off the air–from family and parenting initiatives to supporting education and HBCUs.
The Rickey Smiley Morning Show is syndicated nationally, with markets including Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detroit, Miami and Orlando.