Your faithful threader or brow guru is out of town? Say it ain’t so. Before you commence to staying in the house until your arches are turning heads again, here are five quick tips to getting last minute, gorgeous brows.
1. Keep a brow razor ($1) from your local beauty supply store handy. Unless you’ve had a successful attempt, don’t try to arch your own brows. Simply clean them up. Brush brows upward and use the tip of the razor to remove unwanted hairs in the arch.
2. Always wanted thicker brows? Here’s your chance. When it’s time for a touch-up and your brows are a little furrier than usual, go with it and fill-in a bolder brow with TouchBack BrowMarker. Go for the old Hollywood dramatics and lightly pencil in brows with a boxy appeal to cover up your unkempt arch.
3. When all else fails, create an arch. Brush brows upward and use a lighter liner to trace a neat line where your arch would normally be. Fill in that space with concealer using a small angled eye shadow brush. Literally shade in your arch – hairs and all. Apply a few swipes of a nude shadow and you’ll fool the masses.
4. For the woman who waxes, Parissa Brow Shaper Mini Wax Strips ($7 – $9) are a dream come true. The tiny, travel-friendly clear strips come ready-to-wax with a vial of soothing azulene oil.
5. Every woman’s purse should be equipped with a mini makeup kit, and in that kit should be a brow compact like Sonia Kashuk Brow Kit Arch Alert Palette ($10). The varied shades and angled nylon brush allow you to correct even the most disastrous brows.