Welcome to Black Friday, a day where we spend our hard earned dollars with some of the biggest retailers in the country. But what if we turned that power towards our communities? As we head into the Trump Era, it’s a great time to reflect on how we can prepare for this time on all fronts, especially from an economic standpoint.
“We live in a time where we are shouting that our lives matter, but financially managing the upkeep of the empires that we are shouting at,” Aquillia Mikel of Rebrand Chicago states. “Your righteous anger deserves to be guided by a plan to challenge a system that is sustained by your money.”
We’ve talked about #BankBlack and now, we can put #BuyBlack power behind Black Friday with our list below.
Beauty and Body (Men and Women)
Base Butter – all natural, multi-purpose beauty product.
Beija Flor Naturals – An organic hair and bodycare line.
Belle Butters – Premium, high quality natural products for hair and body that are affordable and easy to use.
Bevel – Bevel, by Walker & Company, provides premium grooming products & services, designed to help reduce razor bumps & skin irritation.
Dr. Locs – Vegan, buildup-free loc products.
Pink Mahogany Fragrances – Harmonically embellished ‘accords’ for your skin and atmosphere.
Thank God I’m Natural – Chris-Tia Donaldson is inspiring women from the south side of Chicago to South Africa to embrace healthier beauty practices through Thank God It’s Natural.
Thank God I’m Natural
The Sitota Collection – handmade body, fragrance, and home productions.
Solo Noir – a complete grooming line for men featuring 100% organic 2-in-1 grooming products.
Apparel and Fashion
Ariel Brands – Art and clothes with a social message.
Art of EMJ – The Art of EMJ is an in-house crafter and designer of luxury bow ties and accessories.
Bon Bon Vie
– Bon Bon Vie is a brand that’s accessible, positive, and created to encourage people to “live the good life.”
– DreamBold is here to inspire and in turn help you to inspire others visually!
– A clothing company that plans to create clothing products that reach beyond the expectations of the masses.
– A powerhouse of expression through music, fashion and home goods.
unique clothing. African inspired wear and creative crochet.
– Founded by husband and wife team, the brand focuses on producing one of a kind products geared towards sharing the Christian faith.
– Clothing line that inspires the fashion conscious, style the fashionably challenged and piques the interest of the fashion elite.
Lifestyle and Tech
– This brand is making science exciting, inspirational, and powerful for young Black children, especially girls.
Holisti Citi Lyfe
– This brand helps create innovative travel trips with an emphasis on wellness.
I Love My Hair: A Coloring Book
– An adult coloring book by Andrea Pippins that celebrates strong, confident women with a passion for style, design, and fashion.
Just Like Me Box
– a monthly subscription box with 2-3 children’s books featuring characters of color plus fun book swag!
– a curated lifestyle shop of discovery featuring creatives of color..
– Also featured in our February issue, Kashmir Thompson creates pieces from our favorite pop culture icons.
Slay Your Day Planner
– A planner that helps you create the blog, style & life you love breaking down the day by Style Influencer Mattie James.
The Kitchenista Cookbooks
– Angela Davis is a self-taught home cook, food blogger, recipe developer, food photographer and mom with an incredible knack for comfort foods.
– A monthly subscription service that provides classic vinyl records.
– This company creates products that inspire, empower and motivate people, their first line of products are Sticky Notes with Visual Affirmations.