Summer is officially gone and chilly Fall days are upon us. When I am depleted of energy and feeling cold, I lean on soups to help give me a healthy boost and warm feeling inside. This cauliflower soup is full of antioxidants that aid in body detoxification, as well as B-Vitamins for energy. There are many variations of cauliflower soup; some include heavy cream and even butter. For the sake of my hips and your health, we’re gonna skip that route and go with this healthier, easy to make recipe. Enjoy.
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Optional: 1 cup of coconut milk will give it added flavor and is a great substitute for cream and butter
Heat olive oil in pan over medium-low heat. Add onion, thyme and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, coconut milk (optional) then potatoes and cauliflower.
Heat until potatoes and coconut are soft, about 20 minutes. Puree the soup with blender until smooth.