Whip up this easy-to-make turkey salad at night and have a great tasting lunch for school or work the next day!
- 3 cups (or 1 pound), diced fresh-cooked turkey breast or turkey tenderloin, prepared without added salt
- 5 8-inch flour tortilla wrap shells
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/4 cup fine-diced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet gherkin pickles
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In medium-size bowl stir all ingredients together until well mixed. Put even amounts of mixture in your favorite flavored wrap, roll up and serve.
Nutrient analysis: Calories: 341, Protein: 26g, Carbohydrate: 23g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 74g, Sodium: 596mg, Potassium: 412mg, Phosphorus: 276mg.
People on dialysis have to limit many mainstream foods that most of us consider “healthy” — such as broccoli, oranges, and tomatoes. People don’t realize that these foods can actually contribute to declining health for dialysis patients. Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr. wants to help people live a better life on dialysis by offering recipes that are easy to make, taste great, and can be assembled on a budget. That’s why he has partnered with Fresenius Medical Care, the nation’s leading network of dialysis facilities, to develop recipes like this TurkeySalad Wrap. For more of Chef McCargo’s recipes, please visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com.