A new week comes with a new National [DRINK/EAT THIS] Day. And this particular week came with the loss of an hour of sleep (unless you, like me, are an East Coaster in Texas for SXSW and the time change just put you back on the schedule you were used to), so we're thinking that National #CocktailYourCoffee Day is one worth embracing. The good folks at Kahlúa sent us a few varieties of the famed rum and coffee-based liqueur for us to try out (WE DO THE HARD STUFF FOR YOU) and we're gladly sharing a few of our favorite concoctions from their recommendations, plus one made up by me! You can do this in your office, if your office is cool like that, or even if they aren't.
Kahlúa Espresso Martini
- 1 1/2 parts Kahlúa
- 1 part ABSOLUT® Vodka
- 1 part espresso or strong coffee (we went to Starbucks for the house blend!)
- 1⁄2 part half & half
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with peppermint stick or espresso bean.
Kahlúa Raspberry White Russian
- 1 part Kahlúa
- 1 part ABSOLUT® Raspberri Vodka
- 1 part coffee
- 1 part half-and-half
Serve in a glass over ice. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
Kahlúa Café Con Leche Iced
- 2 parts Kahlúa (You can use regular or the hazelnut variety)
- 1 fresh part brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1 part half-and-half (We cheated and used 1% milk, because calories. It was very good!)
- 2 tablespoons of condensed milk
Garnish with cinnamon. Serve in a tall glass over ice. Or, just drink it hot.
The Kahlúa X Jamilah
- 1 part Kahlúa
- 1 part Hennessy VS
- 1 part strong coffee
- Splash of half-and-half
Pour spirits into coffee. Add half-and-half to taste. Turn down, for what?