Spring has sprung and Summer is right around the corner—which means the grills are coming out! Why don't you ditch that cooler full of fruit flavored "margaritas" in a can and follow this simple and nectarous recipe instead? This recipe goes great with jerk chicken and will have your friends asking if you bartend on the side!
Spicy Mango Margarita
INGREDIENTS (Serves 12)
- 1 750-ml bottle of tequila (choose your fave!)
- 1 375-ml bottle of premium orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 mangos
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- Fresh lime juice
- 1 bottle of organic mango nectar
1. Peel and de-seed mango and cut into medium sized chunks and place 2-3 chunks per glass.
2. Cut scotch bonnet pepper into small pieces, you will only need about 1/4 of the pepper per glass (they are spicy so you can adjust for taste). Place small section into glass.
3. Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and 2 oz of the organic mango juice to the glass and muddle with fruit.
4. After adding ice, pour 4 oz of tequila. Shake well and top with a orange liqueur floater.