Bill Cosby
Bill Cosby arrives for a preliminary hearing at the Montgomery

Famed Comedian, Bill Cosby, has lost his bid to question his accuser in court before trial, NBC 5 reports.

Lawyers representing the 79-year-old The Cosby Show actor lost their appeal of whether Andrea Constand, who is accusing Cosby of sexually assaulting her in 2004, should have been forced to testify at a preliminary hearing last year.

On Wednesday, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court declined to accept the appeal. According to Pennsylvania case law, prosecutors can use an accuser’s statements to police in court to spare victims the experience of having to repeatedly testify.

Earlier this month, the judge presiding over Bill Cosby’s criminal sexual assault case said he expected the trial to last no more than two week.



More than 50 women have accused Bill Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting them. In the case regarding Andrea Constand, the Temple University employee says she was molested at his home. He is facing 10 years behind bars if convicted on felony assault charges.

Cosby, who is currently free on $1 million bail, will head to trial in Montgomery County on June 5.

Jury selection is set to begin next month. The jurors in Cosby’s case will come from the Pittsburgh area and will be sequestered roughly 300 miles away in Norristown.



You may also like

Comments

More in News