Cleveland officials said Wednesday they’re terminating six police officers who fired during a 137-shot barrage that killed two unarmed people after a high-speed chase.
It wasn’t immediately clear if the fired officers include Patrolman Michael Brelo, who was acquitted of manslaughter charges in May for having fired the last 15 shots of the barrage in East Cleveland on Nov. 29, 2012.
City officials didn’t identify officers by name during the announcement, but promised to release documentation about the discipline.
Six more officers who fired during the barrage face suspensions ranging from 21 to 30 days, said Public Safety Director Michael McGrath, the former police chief.
A total of 13 officers had been notified that they faced administrative discipline, and one of them has retired, McGrath said.
Read more at JET.