Connect with us


[OFFICER INVOLVED]Death ofMatthewAjibade Ruled a Homocide

OFFICER INVOLVED-June 9 matthew ajibade

A McKinney police officer has been placed on administrative leave after being filmed aggressively handcuffing, and then pulling a weapon on, a group of teenagers following an “incident” at  pool party on June 6.  Officers arrived at a subdivsion around 7:15 p.m. to respond to a “disturbance involving multiple juveniles at the location, who do not live in the area or have permission to be there, refusing to leave,” the McKinney Police Department said in a post on its Facebook page. Authorities stated that first responding officers encountered a large crowd that disobeyed orders and nine more officers arrived soon thereafter.  A now-viral YouTube video shows one officer aggressively handcuffing and detaining teens who described themselves as bystanders before wrestling a 14-year-old girl in a bathing suit to the ground. Cpl. Eric Casebolt knelt atop the girl, used her hair to grab her and also drew his weapon on others who came to her aid. The officer detained the girl, but later released to her parents without charge, according to McKinney Chief of Police Greg Conley.

The cause of death of Matthew Ajibade who died at the Chatham County Detention Center has been ruled a homicide, according to the Chatham County coroner. According to WTOC last Thursday, Ajibade’s death was caused by blunt force trauma. The 22-year-old died after he was retrained and placed in an isolation cell after he was accused of being combative and allegedly injured three CCSO deputies on New Year’s Day. Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department arrested Ajibade and booked him into Chatham County Detention Center for domestic violence, battery and obstruction of justice. Ajibade was placed in an isolation cell due to his behavior, and when deputies performed their second welfare check, he appeared unresponsive. Medical staff performed CPR and administered defibrillation while preparing Ajibade for transport to Memorial. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has fired nine Chatham County Sheriff’s deputies after an investigation into the Ajibade’s death.

The Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department has completed its investigation into the Cleveland police killing of 12-year-old Tamir Rice, sources familiar with the case told The Plain Dealer. On June 3, the evidence investigators collected was sent to Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Tim McGinty’s office.  The sheriff’s department did not recommend whether any charges should be filed against Loehmann or his partner, Frank Garmback, according to sources. McGinty’s office will review the evidence and present it to a grand jury, a process that could take weeks. A team of sheriff’s department detectives, led by then-Chief Deputy Clifford Pinkney, took control of the investigation January 2, after the city agreed to let an outside agency probe the shooting. The sheriff’s department started investigating February 13, after prosecutors removed legally protected statements made by Cleveland police officers to internal investigators from the police department’s file. The completion of the investigation came more than six months after Cleveland police officer Timothy Loehmann shot and killed the boy who was playing with a toy gun at the Cudell Recreation Center on November 22.

WPVI-TV Philadelphia reports that Delaware County officials are investigating a crash involving a police car and a man on a bicycle. The incident happened around 8:30p.m. Wednesday night at Keystone Road and West 13th Street. A 55-year-old woman had been robbed of her cellphone and cash while walking in the area of the 1100 block of Meadow. Sheriff’s deputies happened to be in the area when they heard a police radio alert for the armed robbery. Officers spotted a man that matched the description of the suspect on a bicycle. When they tried to stop him, police say they saw that he had a gun. Chester police officers joined the chase. A few blocks away, they say a police car collided with the man on the bicycle, following the chase. The suspect, identified as 24-year-old Sherman Byrd, died at the hospital a short time later. Police said they found the gun at the scene of the collision, and are confident that Byrd is responsible for the robbery. Now officials are trying to determine exactly what happened. Chester police here have turned the investigation over to the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office. Byrd’s family said he lives in North Carolina, but was in town to visit his 6-year-old daughter and attend his sister’s high school graduation. They say he left a family gathering just 15 minutes before the police chase.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


NYPD Officer Accused of Fatally Choking Eric Garner Fired Five Years After Incident


Staten Island Dad dies choke hold Eric Garner, 43,, Eric Garner, DOJ, NYPD Staten Island Dad dies choke hold Eric Garner, 43,, Eric Garner, DOJ, NYPD

Eric Garner: Tall, Dark and Threatening


Geneva Reed-Veal Geneva Reed-Veal

EBONY Exclusive: EBONY Talks With Geneva Reed-Veal, Mother of Sandra Bland

EBONY Exclusive

Sandra Bland Sandra Bland


EBONY Exclusive