A look at the political week that was…
- House Republicans fill 19 or their 21 committee chair seats with White men.
- Democratic senators are working to end indefinite detention included in National Defense Authorization Act which passed earlier this year. President Obama was criticized at the time for signing the bill – including the problematic provisions – even though the bill authorizes Congress to fund the military.
- Could the eligibility age for Medicare go up two years as part of the fiscal cliff deal?
- Progressives remain confident that President Obama won’t cave in during fiscal cliff negotiations.
- The U.N General Assembly is taking on the issue of Palestinian statehood.
- Will the Supreme Court take on the constitutionality of gay marriage? They met this week to decide.
- Mitt Romney advisor Stuart Stevens pens op-ed to brag that by winning rich voters, Romney won a “moral victory” over President Obama.
- Ironically, Mitt Romney officially hit 47% in the popular vote count.
- Mississippi’s only abortion clinic could close for good this January.
What's Your Reaction?