Another look at the political week that was…
● The fate of marriage equality is officially in the hands of the Supreme Court. The Court will rule on the constitutionality of California’s Proposition 8 and the Defense of Marriage Act in June.
● Almost everyone in the Congressional Black Caucus supports marriage equality. Only 3 Black Caucus members still oppose equal rights for gay couples.
● This week, North Dakota passed an unconstitutional abortion ban. The new law bans most abortions and even makes some forms of contraception illegal.
● Rep. Louie Gohmert, the country’s zaniest congressman, throws a temper tantrum over a parking ticket.
● Rep. Steve King attacks Sasha and Malia Obama for going to the Bahamas for spring break.
● The sequestration has caused many local airports to close, forcing Republicans to acknowledge the impact of the drastic cuts.
● Virginia passed a new voter ID law this week.
● The NAACP called out Virginia’s Republican Governor Ken Cuccinelli for comparing Obamacare to slavery.
● A new report released shows that Newtown shooter Adam Lanza fired 155 bullets in 5 minutes.