A look at the political week that was:
- Mitt Romney just lost the election a week ago and already he’s back to insulting large groups of the American electorate. In a conference call with donors yesterday, Romney said that President Obama won because he gave away “gifts” to certain groups of voters, including African Americans, Hispanics, and young people. Did you get your gift yet?
- Paul Ryan also has a rather racist explanation for losing the election, saying that he didn’t anticipate so many “urban” voters turning out to vote in support of the president.
- Senator John McCain and his BFF Senator Lindsey Graham have been relentlessly attacking the president and calling for a full investigation for what happened in Benghazi, Libya. Instead on attending the briefing about Benghazi though, the two decided to hold a press conference to attack the president and call for a full investigation into what happened in Benghazi. Makes perfect sense!
- President Obama held his first post-election news conference this week, where he talked about the “fiscal cliff,” Petreaus, and called for lawmakers to back off with their attacks on U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice who Republicans are trying to scapegoat for Benghazi.
- The post-election scandal that has rocked Washington involving two generals, a socialite, and a biographer continues to dominate the news, as former CIA Director David Petraeus claims he never leaked classified information to his biographer Paula Broadwell.
- The War on Women continues, as Ohio just voted to defund Planned Parenthood.
What's Your Reaction?