A look at the political week that was…
- First Lady Michelle Obama is heckled at a private fundraiser and her response demonstrates how to command respect and basic civility.
- Verizon handed over phone records to the NSA.
- House Republicans vote to deport DREAMers and are booed.
- A new law in Iowa has the goal of denying women the right to legal and medically necessary abortions.
- Federal judge Edith Jones says Black people are predisposed to criminal behavior.
- Is Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) going to vote against his own immigration bill?
- New report shows that Black people are nearly four times more likely to be arrested for marijuana related crimes than White people.
- There is still an ongoing budget fight with all the same buzzwords, like “debt ceiling” and “government shutdown.”
- The IRS is under fire from both sides of the aisle for wasteful spending on lavish conferences.
- New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg passed away this week. This opens the door for a Senator Cory Booker.
What's Your Reaction?