A look at the political/news week that was….
- This week was yet another week with high pitched calls for attorney general Eric Holder’s resignation.
- New polling shows that the American public is much more concerned with the economy than any of the so-called scandals the media has been focused on the past few weeks.
- The zaniest member of Congress, Michele Bachmann (R-MN) announced her retirement this week. Good riddance!
- George Zimmerman is going with the “Blame the Victim” defense strategy.
- Conservative icon Phyllis Schlafly says Republicans should focus on attracting White voters. Wait, what?
- Another letter sent to President Obama has tested positive for the poison ricin.
- President Obama taps former Bush official James Comey to head up the FBI.
- A 22-year old woman in El Salvador will likely die after being denied a lifesaving abortion. “Beatriz” will be forced to give birth to a brain dead fetus and she will likely die as a result.
- Why is Dartmouth University punishing women who report their rapes more harshly than the actual rapists?
What's Your Reaction?