Another look at the political week that was…
● John Kerry was confirmed by the Senate 94-3 to officially become the next Secretary of State
● Hillary Clinton is leaving the State Department and there is a lot of buzz surrounding her future plans, including a possible presidential run in 2016
● Just as lawmakers met to tackle the issue of gun violence, Hadiya Pendleton a 15 year old girl who recently played at President Obama’s inauguration was shot and killed in Chicago.
● During the hearings, the NRA made a fool of themselves
● If you are a conservative who is on record opposing the re-authorization of the Violence Against Women Act, don’t try to come out and make the argument that women need guns to protect themselves.
● New Jersey Governor Chris Christie vetoed a bill to raise the state’s minimum wage
● William “Mo” Cowan was appointed by Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick to replace John Kerry in the U.S. Senate. This is the first time that there have been two Black U.S. Senators serving simultaneously
● The War on Women continues with a new fetal heartbeat bill being proposed in a number of states that will have the effect of banning all abortions.
What's Your Reaction?