Connect with us

News

Terry Crews: ‘I Still Have to Send a Check to My Molester’

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Terry Crews/Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Actor Terry Crews added a unique voice to the #MeToo movement against sexual assault when he revealed he was once groped at a party. In October, the 49-year-old Brooklyn Nine-Nine actor took to Twitter to share his own experience with assault.

“This whole thing with Harvey Weinstein is giving me PTSD. Why? Because this kind of thing happened to ME …,” Crews wrote last year. “My wife n [sic] I were at a Hollywood function last year n [sic] a high level Hollywood executive came over 2 [sic] me and groped my privates.”

It was later revealed the exec he’d been referring to was WME talent agent Adam Venit.

At an Esquire party Tuesday, Crews revealed the discomfort he felt with having to continue paying the agency that once represented him.

“This is the deal,” Crews said at the 2018 Mavericks of Hollywood party according to PageSix. “What’s so strange and crazy is that I’m still paying them. I go to work, and I still have to send a check to my molester.”

Venit operates as the head of WME’s brand’s motion picture group.

“This is Hollywood, it is insane. I look at my bank statement, and I’m like, ‘Damn, this is the most wrong thing of all time.’ I’m calling it, I’m going to play this whole thing out. If I don’t get justice, nobody can,” he continued.

Crews filed a police report against Venit with the Los Angeles Police Department.

“[Venit] tried to tell everyone it wasn’t sexual. How do you do that? How is that possible? The level of ridiculousness that this has gone to, and they’re looking at me as if I’m ridiculous for even saying anything,” he said. “I’m like, ‘Nope, I’m not putting up with it.’ No one should. No woman, no child, no man, anywhere, in whatever business, should ever put up with being treated less than a human being, ever.”

Trending

Meek Mill to Sue Cosmopolitan Hotel in Vegas For Racial Discrimination

Entertainment

Harvey Weinstein Reaches $44M Deal in Sexual Misconduct Lawsuits

News

Cardi B Hit with $1 Million Defamation Lawsuit by Celebrity Blogger Cardi B Hit with $1 Million Defamation Lawsuit by Celebrity Blogger

Cardi B Hit with $1 Million Defamation Lawsuit by Celebrity Blogger

Entertainment

City of Chicago to Sue Jussie Smollett Over Hate Crime Investigation

Entertainment

Advertisement
Connect
Join EBONY.com