Seventy five days to go before Election 2012…
- Republican Congressman Todd Akin (R-MO) is now a household name thanks to showing himself to be completely ignorant of biology this week. Akin stated that abortion should be banned even in the cases of rape because, “[i]f it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”
- What do Todd Akin and Rep. Paul Ryan have in common? Turns out they were the original co-sponsors of the House bill which sought to re-define rape as “forcible rape.” Now is a good time to point out that there should be no words in front of the word rape that aren’t statutory or don’t.
- Hurricane headed for the GOP convention in Tampa, Florida next week.
- GOP approves radical party platform that includes abortion ban with no exceptions for rape and incest.
- Gawker got their hands on documents from Mitt Romney’s tenure at Bain Capital. The documents show that Romney had a stake in Bain all the way up to 2002, well after he says he left the company.
- There is growing evidence to support the idea that Rep. Paul Ryan is a flip flopper just like Mitt Romney.
- Ohio election board member Doug Priesse says early voting in the state doesn’t need to accommodate Black voters.