Connect with us

Black Listed

Three Lawsuits Against Kevin Clash Dismissed

Kevin Clash
Molly Riley, Reuters Photo / November 12

A New York federal judge on Monday tossed out three lawsuits by men who alleged former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash sexually abused them when they were underage.

In his 28-page decision, Federal Judge Kevin Koeltl said a plaintiff has six years after the cause of action or three years after they turn 21 to file claims, and none of the three lawsuits were filed within those time frames. The three men allege that when they were minors, Clash "induced them to engage in sexual activity."

"Kevin is pleased by the judge’s decision," his attorney Michael G. Berger said in a statement. "As we have maintained all along, our goal has been to put these spurious claims behind him, so that Kevin can go about the business of re-claiming his personal life and his professional standing, which was recently recognized once again by the three Emmys he won last month. The judge’s decision to dismiss and close the three lawsuits is an important step in that direction. Kevin is looking forward to a time in the near future when he can tell his story free of innuendo and false claims.

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Cardi B Hit with $1 Million Defamation Lawsuit by Celebrity Blogger Cardi B Hit with $1 Million Defamation Lawsuit by Celebrity Blogger

Cardi B Hit with $1 Million Defamation Lawsuit by Celebrity Blogger

Entertainment

City of Chicago to Sue Jussie Smollett Over Hate Crime Investigation

Entertainment

Man Sues White Women Who Repeatedly Called Cops on Him for Gardening

News

Michael Jackson's Family Blasts 'Finding Neverland' Documentary Michael Jackson's Family Blasts 'Finding Neverland' Documentary

Jackson Estate Sues HBO Over ‘Leaving Neverland’ Documentary

Entertainment

Advertisement
Connect
Join EBONY.com