So, the time has finally arrived to cast your vote for the next president of the United States. For the sake of argument, let’s say you awake in this 11th hour still on the fence about which ticket to support. A reminder of President Obama’s accomplishments might come in handy to sway your hand, no? Thankfully, the interwebs got you covered. Launched November 3, 2010, WhatTheHeckHasObamaDoneSoFar.com lists a seemingly endless catalog of Obama Administration achievements. Site founders Shavanna Miller, Will Carlough and Richard Boenigk actually stop at 46 (spend a quick 15 minutes clicking through them all), without even mentioning the murder of Osama bin Laden or the end of the Iraq War. But here’s a quick top 10 greatest hits countdown of what President Obama’s managed to do for the country during the past four years:
10. Signed New START Treaty—nuclear arms reduction pact with Russia.
9. Appointed more openly gay officials than any other president in US history.
8. Significantly expanded Pell grants, which help low-income students pay for college.
7. Cut prescription drug cost for Medicare recipients by 50%.
6. Signed the Children’s Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids—four million of whom were previously uninsured.
5. Signed financial reform law establishing a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to look out for the interests of everyday Americans.
4. Issued executive order to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay.
3. Appointed first Latina to the US Supreme Court.
2. The American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009: a $789 billion economic stimulus plan.
1. Health Care Reform Bill, preventing insurance companies from denying insurance because of a pre-existing condition.