Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia announced last Friday that two Houston sergeants and four additional supervisors have been terminated in connection to an inmate abuse case. The sheriff also announced the suspension ranging from one to 10 days without pay of twenty-nine employees. The two sergeants face two third-degree felony charges in connection with the case, which dates back to 2013. As reported on KPRC, Prosecutors claimed that jail cell was covered with at least 50 food containers, feces and shreds of Deterrius “Terry” Rashad Goodwin’s jail uniform and pieces of his mattress in the toilet. Prosecutors said for at least several weeks, Goodwin, who suffers from mental illness, sat locked up in isolation in a filthy jail cell on the second floor of the Harris County Jail at 1200 Baker Street. They say detention officer Sergeant Ricky Pickens-Wilson and detention officer-Sergeant John Figaroa tampered with government documents, signing off and claiming they had inspected the cell. The punishment range for tampering with a governmental record is from two to 10 years with up to a $10,000 fine.

On April 25, NYPD detectives shot and killed Felix David after he allegedly turned violent as they tried to arrest him at an East Village halfway house according to the New York Post. The twenty-two year old was wanted for beating and robbing a female student in a classroom building at City College in Harlem on Thursday evening. Two detectives tried to arrest David at around 1:45 p.m. Saturday. As they approached him on the building’s sixth floor, he fled out a window and travelled down a fire escape. When he fled, two officers were waiting for him in the building’s first floor lobby. David fought the officers for five minutes, and some of the fight was caught on video of David using a detectives’ radio to strike both officers in the head. One of the officers fired one shot at David, striking him in the torso, police said. David was rushed to Beth Israel Hospital in critical condition. The officers who struggled with David were hospitalized with head injuries. One also dislocated his shoulder. Their injuries were not considered life-threatening. Police did not release the names of the officers.

An officer with the Detroit Immigration and Customs Enforcement fatally shot and killed a 20-year-old man. Around 1 p.m. on Monday, a fugitive task force  arrived at home at the 9500 block of Evergreen near West Chicago to arrest Terrance Kellom a when one of the task force members , an Immigration and Customs Enforcement officer, opened fire as he said he “was faced with a threat.”  Detroit Police Sergeant Cassandra Lewis did not specify the details as to what transpired before Kellom was shot. She said the DPD will investigate the shooting to determine if the force was justified.

As protests in Baltimore continue, questions remain about the ‘snatch and grab’ arrest of Joseph Kent, which was captured on a live CNN broadcast. Kent, a 21-year-old college student, has been known for his local activism for some time and has credited with organizing solidarity actions in Baltimore following the death of Michael Brown in Ferguson last year. His lawyer announced via Twitter that he was released from jail early this morning.