Corporal Eric Casebolt, the McKinney Texas police officer placed on paid administrative leave after video went viral of him on video slamming a teen to the ground during at a community pool, has resigned, police officials said last Tuesday, according to NBC News Dallas-Fort Worth. Casebolt resigned Tuesday through his attorney and did not issue an apology, police said. McKinney officers were dispatched to the Craig Ranch North Community Pool early last Friday night after a fight and general disturbance were reported. Cell phone video of the police response showed Casebolt throwing Dajerria Becton, 15, faced down onto the ground and pinning her with his knees. Casebolt also cursed at the crowd of teens and pointed his gun at two others. Casebolt’s resignation effectively ends the investigation by the McKinney Police Department’s Internal Affairs Division.

On June 8, a Charleston County grand jury returned indicted Michael Slager on murder in the shooting death of Walter Scott. WCSC reported that the charge carries a sentence of 30 years to life in prison without parole. The South Carolina officer shot and killed the 50-year-old on April 4 after fleeing from his vehicle during a traffic stop. Video recorded by  bystander surfaced in the days following Scott’s death. The cell phone video revealed Slager shooting Scott in the back as he ran from the officer. Officials said the video evidence led to Slager’s arrest and murder charge. Slager was initially placed on administrative leave while the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division investigated the shooting. Slager, who was fired from the department following his arrest, is being held in protective custody at the Charleston County Detention Center.

According to the Contra Costa Times, a man was killed by Oakland California police after being found unresponsive in a car. On June 7, before 7:30 a.m. Oakland firefighters saw Demouria Hogg, 30, unresponsive on Lakeshore Avenue in California police said. Once firefighters saw a handgun resting on the passenger seat, they called police. Over the next hour, officials said police attempted to wake Hogg and placed a block in the front of the car to prevent it from moving. Police first used a bullhorn in an attempt to wake Hogg.  Then they unsuccessfully tried to break the car windows with bean bag rounds. A group of officers next approached the car and used a device to break out the passenger side windows, police said. The loudspeaker was used again. Officers approached the car, and found Hogg awake, police said. An altercation occurred between him and officers. One officer used a Taser while a second officer fired a gun, striking Hogg. He was taken to Highland Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Investigators have interviewed at least 12 officers who were present during the shooting. They also planned to review footage from each officer’s body camera. Oakland police’s homicide unit and internal affairs division, along with the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office, are investigating the shooting. The investigation will include looking at the police’s tactical plan as they approached the car, Police Chief Sean Whent said. The officer is on paid leave until the investigation’s completion.

A LAPD officer who was seen on video kicking and punching a handcuffed woman who lost consciousness and died was found guilty of assaulting the woman during her arrest, according to KTLA. Officer Mary O’Callaghan was charged with assaulting an arrestee under the color of authority in 2013. She faces up to three years in state prison to be served in county jail, the District Attorney’s office said. Her sentencing hearing was scheduled for July 23. She surrendered herself to custody on Friday, however, to avoid more grief to or expense for her family, her attorney Robert Rico said. Rico said he plans to appeal and will request a new trial. O’Callaghan was called on July 22, 2012, to the 9100 block of South Broadway Avenue to assist in the arrest of Alesia Thomas, 36, who had been taken into custody by officers investigating a possible child abandonment claim. Thomas was in the back of a patrol car wearing handcuffs and leg restraints when the police cruiser’s camera captured O’Callaghan kick her in the stomach and groin area and push her in the throat. Paramedics were called after Thomas lost consciousness while still in the patrol car. The California Police cruiser video that showed the assault was played for jurors. Thomas was pronounced dead after being taken to a hospital.

A Valencia County sheriff’s deputy shot and killed a man on the afternoon of June 3 in Los Lunas, New Mexico reported by KOB-TV. State police, who are handling the incident, said that a deputy was called to conduct a welfare check on South Hazel Street around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday. When the deputy arrived, state police said Rudy Baca, 36, was outside, and the deputy shot him during “an incident,” according to state police. Baca was transported to University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque, where he later died. The deputy was not injured in the incident. It is unclear as to why the deputy fired at Baca and the number of rounds that were fired. Sergeant Chad Pierce said the events are under investigation.

According to the Democrat and Chronicle, a man died in southwest Rochester, NY last week after being Tased by a police officer. Police responded to Tremont Street at about 9 a.m. on Sunday, May 30 after reports that Richard Gregory Davis, 50, drove a red pickup truck, crashed into another vehicle and Calvary Spiritual Church, then fled. When police and firefighters arrived, Davis allegedly disregarded police orders and entered into his truck. Police Chief Michael Ciminelli said that Davis crash into a street sign, a fence and house, where he knocked over a gas meter. He then locked himself in the cab as officers demanded for him to exit his vehicle with his hands up. According to police and a witness, Davis waited about five minutes, before he came out charging at the police officers with fists clenched. One of the officers on the scene, Officer Thomas Frye, Tased him. Davis received medical attention at the scene and was then transported by ambulance to Strong Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. An autopsy is being conducted. The department and the district attorney’s office are working together on an investigation. Ciminelli stated that there also will be an internal investigation. In a news conference on Monday Ciminelli said pending the investigation of the incident, the department has placed Frye on administrative duty. Ciminelli also confirmed Monday that police recovered a mobile phone video from a witness and some surveillance video that showed part of the incident. He asked anyone else with video or who witnessed the incident to contact the police.

In late April, a Virginia police officer killed William Chapman, an unarmed 18-year-old accused of shoplifting. The Guardian has identified the officer as Stephen Rankin. Rankin shot and killed Chapman during an altercation in a Walmart parking lot. The Virginia chief medical examiner’s office said in a statement that the cause of Chapman’s death was “gunshot wounds of face and chest”. Rankin to had just returned to policing and patrolling in March 2014, almost three years after he killed an unarmed 26-year-old Kazakh immigrant in February 2011. When he returned to the police department two months after the shooting, Rankin was restricted to administrative duties for more than two and a half years. A funeral service was held for Chapman last month but his body has not yet been buried because his family is unable to afford the $3,600 fee, relatives said. The Virginia state police are investigating the shooting. State police investigators are expected to hand over their findings to Stephanie Morales, Virginia’s commonwealth attorney, who will then decide whether to put the case to a grand jury for a possible criminal prosecution.

A Florida police officer fatally shot Jermaine McBean, 33, in 2013 after receiving reports of a man walking with a rifle. Two years later, the photos surface of McBean wearing in-ear headphones immediately after being shot reported by NBC News.  Also, a witness man who called 911 in alarm when he saw McBean, who was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2010, walking around with the air rifle but who said McBean never pointed it at police or anyone else. The photo and the witness’s account raises questions about the police version of events, including why the white earbuds were later found stuffed in the dead computer expert’s pocket. Michael Russell McCarthy, 58, told NBC News that McBean had the Winchester Model 1000 Air Rifle balanced on his shoulders behind his neck, with his hand over both ends and was turning around to face police when one officer began shooting. Nearly two years later, the shooting is still the subject of an “active investigation” by prosecutors. McBean’s family filed a wrongful death and misconduct lawsuit against the sheriff’s office several weeks ago. Deputy Peter Peraza, who fired the fatal shots, repeatedly told sheriff’s investigators that he did not see anything in McBean’s ears. The homicide detective who led an internal review told McBean’s relatives in an email that officers on the scene “confirmed” he was not wearing an earpiece, although his family explained that he always had them on when he was out walking. The detective said the buds were found in his pocket, with his phone, at the hospital.

Former Inkster, MI police officer William Melendez has been bound over for trial on May 29 in the beating of Floyd Dent, according to WXYZ-Detroit. Melendez is facing charges after a viral video demonstrating cops beating Dent after a traffic stop. He has been charged with assault with intent to do great bodily harm, punishable up to 10 years in prison, and misconduct in office, mistreatment of a prisoner punishable up to 5 years behind bars. The judge also added an additional charge of assault by strangulation because Dent testified he was choked while beaten. Dent took the stand to testify at the hearing, stating that he has a loss of memory, broken bones and blood on the brain after the beating. He also testified that he did not have cocaine and was not under the influence at the time of the beating. Dent admitted he knew he had an outstanding warrant for driving with a suspended license and should not have been driving that night. Dent has been the only witness to testify on Thursday. The hearing is being held to determine if there is enough evidence to move the case to trial.