Another look at the political week that was…
● The Obama administration finally revealed its plan to reduce gun violence, and it’s very impressive.
● Republicans are predictably overreacting to the news, attacking Sasha and Malia Obama, calling for the president’s impeachment, and comparing the president to Saddam Hussein.
● New York also passed a new gun safety law this week, setting the stage for an Andrew Cuomo run for president in 2016.
● It’s the 40th Anniversary of the landmark decision Roe v. Wade. With the Republican war on women threatening reproductive health rights, this is an important time to remember the incredible impact Roe had on protecting women’s bodily autonomy.
● Republicans are now admitting that, despite receiving fewer votes, they were able to keep control of the House of Representatives as a result of gerrymandering.
● Democrats in the Senate continue the uphill battle to reform the filibuster.
● The CEO of Whole Foods, John Mackey, compares Obamacare to fascism.
● First Lady Michelle Obama turned 49 years young on Thursday and launched a new Twitter account.