Today, Tuesday, December 3, is Giving Tuesday. The article below was originally posted on November 27.
#GivingTuesday, December 3, is a global day dedicated to giving back that kicks off the charitable season by celebrating the true spirit of philanthropy. This year, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) joins the #GivingTuesday movement with their 2019 campaign, #iLeadiServeiGive, which highlights the legacy and work of CBCF's Leadership Institute for Public Service.
The Leadership Institute not only manages the nation’s most elite internship and fellowship programs on Capitol Hill, but it also awards scholarships to students who demonstrate leadership ability through community service and who show academic talent and financial need.
The CBCF is committed to:
· Advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in all facets of public policy;
· Expanding academic, leadership and professional development opportunities for emerging black leaders;
· Equipping students with professional experience in public service;
· Providing students and recent graduates with first-hand experience working with seasoned leaders in Washington, D.C.; and
· Preparing students to be informed advocates who shape our world.
With your help, the CBCF can continue to realize this vision in 2020 and beyond!
As we gear up for #GivingTuesday, you can contribute to our goal to #Lead #Serve and #Give by donating on or by December 3. Your support will help us continue to make meaningful impact on advancing the global Black community.
For more information on CBCF or to donate, go to https://www.cbcfinc.org/.