Today’s annual National Wear Red Day is the striking visual brainchild of Go Red For Women, the American Heart Association’s national movement to end heart disease and stroke in women—because it’s not just a man’s disease. The truth is, more women than men die every year from heart disease and stroke. However, 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented with education and lifestyle changes. Go Red For Women advocates for more research and swifter action for women's heart health.
The American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women movement is nationally sponsored by Macy’s, with additional support from cause supporters. For more info, visit GoRedForWomen.org or call 1-888-MY-HEART (1-888-694-3278). As you rock your red today, consider these heart disease facts:
· Heart disease is not just a man’s disease. Each year, 1 in 3 women die of heart disease and stroke.
· 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented.
· Heart disease and stroke kill more women than men.
· More than 275 women’s lives have been saved each day since Go Red For Women began in 2004.
· When it comes to beating heart disease and stroke, change can be the cure.
· Macy’s has raised more than $50 million. Thanks to their support, more than 275 lives are saved every day.
Make a change at GoRedForWomen.org.